our seconds japanese food is okonomiyaki !!!
wuuu oishii-desu ! so, let's try make it at home ! ^^
the ingredients are :
・80 g squid (you can also change to meat,chicken or fish !)
・200 g cabbage
・100 g flour
・½ cup water (100ml)
・½ teaspoon salt (2.5g)
・Pepper to taste
・1 teaspoon soy sauce (5ml)
・Vegetable oil for the frying
For the sauce
・2 tablespoons tomato ketchup (30ml)
・1 tablespoon soy sauce (15ml)
(servings for 4 persons :3)
so, let's observe how to cook ! :
- Slice the squid into 1 cm pieces. Dice the cabbage into ½ cm pieces.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add the water, then the seasonings of salt, soy sauce, and pepper. Work in the flour to form a batter.
- Add the squid and cabbage, mixing well to ensure they are well mixed with the batter.
- Heat the frying pan and lightly coat with oil. Add all of the batter mixture and spread it out into a round, flat shape about 2 cm thick. Put the lid on the pan and cook at low heat for 7-8 minutes. When the underside has turned golden brown, turn over, add a little more oil to the pan, and cook for another 7-8 minutes until done.
- Mix the tomato ketchup and soy sauce. Turn the cooked Okonomi-yaki on to a plate and generously top with the sauce.
- A further topping of mayonnaise can be added if wished.
now guys, let's try it at home ! it easy right ??
original article : NHKworldRadioJapan :))